1) Divination is not concerned with predicting causally a certain or probable future.
2) Divination is not concerned with knowledge of causes but performance of quasi-causes
3) Divination is the putting oneself in relation with the virtual powers and meanings (gods, demons, becomings) at work now that are shaping the future by their struggle towards actualisation
4) The principle of divination is synchronicity or meaningful contingency, meaningful encounter
5) Divination is performative in that it actively contributes to the production of the future that it envisions or to its avoidance: divination is active performance not passive reception
6) Divination is not conformist but transgressive: in performing the future it de-solidifies an existing state of affairs, making both it and its constitutive rules more fluid
7) Psychoanalysis is a practice of divination (via dreams, slips, paprapraxes) that is unaware of its status, except in the case of Jungian and post-Jungian analysis
View original post 198 more words